Department of Integrated Dentistry
Head of Department
Dr hab. n. med. Izabela Strużycka
22 116 64 19
The scope of medical activities
The scope of didactic activity
Students of the last, diploma year of Polish and English-speaking dentistry study at the Department. A facility that integrates the knowledge acquired by students in other units of the Medical University of Warsaw. Learning holistic, comprehensive diagnosis, planning and treatment of a patient. Teaching the use of modern forms of communication with the patient, such as digital treatment planning. In addition, during the course, students learn the principles of photography needed to practice as a dentist. During practical classes, students learn the most modern methods of restorative and endodontic treatment.
Conducted scientific work
Application of the Electric Impedance Spectroscopy (EIS) and Nonlinear Dielectric Spectroscopy (NLDS) methods to detect secondary and primary caries. Conducted in cooperation with the Industrial Chemistry Research Institute in Warsaw and industry.
Study of the effectiveness of selected methods of caries diagnosis on the contact surfaces in a group of patients treated with orthodontic fixed appliances.
- The use of laser in the diagnosis of oral diseases.
- Research on the effectiveness of various methods of endodontic treatment with the use of digital radiography, computer microtomography and a stereoscopic microscope.
Prevention of oral diseases
- Screening for pathological changes in the oral mucosa. Oncological prophylaxis. The project is carried out in cooperation with the foundation “Z uśmiechem przez życie”.
- Tooth decay prevention.
Dental care for a patient with cancer and after transplantation of hematopoietic cells
- Ocena potrzeb leczniczych w grupie pacjentów po przeszczepieniu komórek krwiotwórczych na różnych etapach leczenia choroby.
- Opracowanie algorytmu postępowania stomatologicznego u pacjentów poddanych transplantacji komórek krwiotwórczych (HCT – ang. Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation). Projekt prowadzony we współpracy z Katedrą i Kliniką Hematologii , Onkologii i Chorób Wewnętrznych, Instytutem Hematologii i Transfuzjologii, Kliniką transplantacji komórek krwiotwórczych.
- Microbiological determinants of oral health in patients undergoing hematopoietic cell transplantation. Cooperation with the Microbiology Department of the Medical and Dental Faculty of the Medical University of Warsaw. Chair and Clinic of Hematology, Oncology and Internal Diseases. Institute of Hematology and Transfusion Medicine, hematopoietic cell transplantation clinic.
- Participation in projects under the National Program for Protection of Antibiotics.
A series of individual and team teaching awards granted by the Rector of the Medical University of Warsaw, the Ministry of Health and the President of the Republic of Poland.
Numerous prizes for students working at the Student Research Club, awarded during Science Congresses and student competitions.
Head of Department: Dr hab. n. med. Izabela Strużycka
Dr n. med. Agnieszka Bogusławska – Kapała
Lek. dent. Michał Fidecki
Lek. dent. Agnieszka Kwaśniewska